Links to online RCFE Resources
- CalQualityCare.org …”find providers and compare the quality of health care in California”
- iPhone App: LifeStyles. Find nearby senior communities while on the go.
- Alzheimer’s Association: More about Alzheimer Care
- Videocaregiving: A visual education center for family caregivers.
- Finding a Senior Living Community: A consumer resource describing what to look for when choosing a senior living community.
- Mesothelioma Group …here to guide you through every step of the diagnostic and treatment process. Learn more: asbestos exposure
- Mesothelioma Fund …helping mesothelioma patients and their families obtain compensation from asbestos trust funds. Free services to deal with treatment costs.
- Long-term Care Insurance info
- Eldercare.gov: 800-677-1116. A government directory that connects you to services for older adults and their families.
- Caregiver.org: The Family Caregiver Alliance supports and sustains the important work of families nationwide caring for loved ones with chronic, disabling health conditions. Educational resources are provided here.
- Newlifestyles.com: Information and articles on senior living.
- Social Security Account. Get your estimated benefit statements by creating your own account at Social Security online: ssa.gov/mystatement
- Dementia Care Academy… training available
- Dementia Journeys – Resources on Dementia http://www.dementiajourneys.com/wp/dementia-resources/dementia-videos/
MetLife Market Surveys and Articles
- 2010 MetLife Market Survey… Nursing home and assisted living rates (2010 Press Releases)
- 2011 Market Survey of Long-Term Care Costs
- The Essentials… Answers to common questions on retirement and financial decisions
|Assisted Living Communities||
|2011 Average Rate||
|2010 Average Rate||
|$/% Increase from 2010||
|2011 Median Rate||
|2011 Annual Rate||
Rates for Assisted Living
- Read more about average costs, etc.: http://www.alfa.org/alfa/Assessing_Cost.asp
- Monthly private-pay base rates for Assisted Living Communities (by MetLife Mature Market Institute).
Monthly private-pay base rates, which are defined as room and board and typically include at least two meals per day, housekeeping, and some personal care assistance, were obtained for one-bedroom apartments or private rooms with private baths in assisted living communities.
National average assisted living base rates increased by 5.6%, from $3,293 monthly or $39,516 annually in 2010, to $3,477 monthly or $41,724 annually in 2011.
About Drugs we take…
- www.drugwatch.com/seniors/ (Informative health specifics for seniors)
- http://www.drugwatch.com/radio/ (Drugwatch Radio Podcast)
- http://www.drugwatch.com/depuy-hip/lawsuit.php (Recall information for hip medical devices)
- http://www.drugwatch.com/tylenol/ (Tylenol page)
Services Not Allowed At RCFE Homes
According to the California Department of Social Services website:
List of Prohibited Health Conditions, parameters set by the state for what an RCFE six bed facility is allowed or not allowed to do, according to Title 22, Division 6, Chapter 8, March 5, 2008, Section 87615:
- Stage 3 and 4 pressure sores (dermal ulcers).
- Gastrostomy care.
- Naso-gastric tubes.
- Staph infection or other serious infections.
*Section 87616 lists some of the exceptions to the list of Prohibited Health Conditions.
Resources collected by elderscorps.org
Senior Mental Health. Resources collected by http://publichealthcorps.org
Work at healthy fitness: This 86 Year-Old Gymnast Has AMAZING Skills and Strength! – Youtube